A man walks 2 km towards North. Then he turns to East and walks 10 km. After this he turns to North and walks 3 km. Again he turns towards East and walks 2 km. How far is he from the starting point?
A. 10 km
B. 13 km
C. 15 km
D. None of these
Answer & Solution
Answer: Option B
= √(52 + 122)
= 13 km
- A man walks 1 km to East and then he turns to South and walks 5 km. Again he turns to East and walks 2 km. After this he turns to North and walks 9 km. Now, how far is he from his starting point?
- I walk 30 metres in North-West direction from my house and then 30 metres in South-west direction. After this I walk 30 metres in South-East direction. Now, I turn to my house, in what direction am I going?
- Mohan was facing east. he walked 4 km forward and then after turning to his right walked 3 km.Again he turned to his right and walked 4 km. After this he turned back. Which direction was he facing at that time?
- A starts crossing the field diagonally. After walking half the distance, he turns right, walks some distance and turns left. Which direction is A facing now? Direction Sense Test mcq solution image
- A man leaves from his office for his home. He walks towards East. After moving a distance of 20 m, he turns South and walks 10 m. Then he walks 35 m towards the west and further 5 m towards the north. He then turns towards east and walks 15 m. What is the straight distance (in metres) between his initial and final position?