Advertising and Sales Promotion MCQ
221. Which of the following is the definition for purchase frequency?
- The amount of time between trial and first repeat purchase of a given product
- The amount of time it takes each generation to enter the product life cycle
- How often a consumer will try a competitive brand before returning to the original choice
- The more frequently the product is purchased, the less repetition is required
222. Which of the following statements about the Internet as an advertising medium is true?
- The Internet provides audio and video capabilities
- Ads are black and white.
- Internet ads are similar to print ads in that they offer only a visual message.
- Internet advertising is the most effective form of advertising
223. One reason for using radio as an advertising medium is
- Its high cost
- Its long lead time required for the placement of an ad
- Its inability to use humour
- It is segmented
224. Objective of all advertisements is,
225. `Art´ in advertisement implies,
- The whole visual presentation
- The traditional or modern art forms used in an advertisement
- Graphics and animations used in an advertisement
- The ambience created to present an idea through an advertisement
226. Advertisements intended to promote sale of the products by appealing directly to the consumers/buyers is called, ______________
- Consumer Advertising
- Consumption Advertising
- Retail Advertising
- Trade Advertising
227. The first step in the advertising decision process is
- Set the budget
- Specify the objectives of the advertising program
- Identify the target audience
- Select the appeal
228. Which of the following is usually NOT an area of responsibility for people who work in an advertising agency?
229. DAVP stands for:
- Dictionary of Advertising and Visual Publicity
- Directorate of Advertising and Visual Publicity
- Directory of Advertising and Visual Publicity
- Directory of Advanced and Vital Publicity
230. ______________ consists of short-term incentives to encourage the purchase or sale of a product or service.
- A segmented promotion
- Sales promotion
- A patronage reward