August 2020 Top Questions And Answer
- Question: Who is the new Comptroller and Auditor General of India?
Answer: Former Jammu and Kashmir Lt Governor Girish Chandra Murmu has been appointed as India’s new Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG).
- Question: What is the name of the application developed by NHAI, to monitor plantations along National Highways?
Answer: “Harit Path”. It has been developed by the NHAI to monitor the location, maintenance activities, and performance of all its plantation projects.
- Question: Which country has become the first-ever in the Arab world to produce nuclear energy?
Answer: The United Arab Emirates (UAE) has become the first one in the Arab world to produce nuclear energy.
- Question: Which is the first Indian city to have female symbols on traffic signals?
Answer: The project is headed by the Ministry of Tourism of the state. The Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) has installed traffic signals that display female icons with triangular frock.
- Question: The US-brokered a historic peace agreement between Israel and which nation on August 13, 2020?
Answer: Between Israel and UAE, under which Israel has agreed to suspend its plans to annex parts of the West Bank.
- Question: External Affairs Ministry organised the National Coordination Committee, with which country, for the first time?
Answer: The virtual meeting was held to monitor the implementation of mutually agreed projects between India and Uzbekistan.
- Question: Which state is set to launch the Arunodoi Scheme to provide financial assistance to 17 lakh families?
Answer: Under the scheme, Rs 830 will be given every month to the eligible 17 lakh families to buy the essential items of food.
- Question: Which country has claimed ‘Diaoyu islands’ as its territory and declared its right to conduct law enforcement activities?
Answer: These islands located in the East China sea have also been claimed by Japan for several years. Japan calls the territory as Senkaku and China calls it Diaoyu.
- Question: Mt. Sinabung erupted recently spewing columns of smoke and ash into the sky. The active volcano is located in which country?
Answer: Mt. Sinabung, which was dormant volcano for almost 400 years, roared back to life in 2010.
- Question: Which Indian state/UT has launched the Indira Rasoi scheme?
Answer: Under the scheme, poor and needy people will be provided with quality food at Rs 8 per plate in urban areas.
- Question: PM announced the launch of which two new projects for the conservation of India’s most endangered species during his Independence Day speech?
Answer: Project Lion and Project Dolphin.
- Question: Which state has launched a scheme to promote aquaculture with Biofloc Technology?
Answer: Biofloc technology is an advanced fish farming technology to provide livelihood support to entrepreneurs, unemployed youth and fish farmers of the state. It aims at increasing fish productivity and making the state self-sufficient in fish production.
- Question: Who has become the first Indian American to accept Democratic Party nomination for US Vice President’s post?
Answer: US Senator Kamala Harris has become the first Indian American to accept nomination for the US Vice Presidential candidate for Democratic Party.
- Question: Which company has been recently conferred with the Global Water Award?
Answer: “Va Tech Wabag”. This award has been given to the company for setting up a tertiary treatment reverse osmosis plant (TTRO) with a capacity of 45 million litres a day, at Chennai.
The award has been given under the ‘wastewater project of the year’ category. With this project, Chennai is the first Indian city to reuse more than 20 % of its treated wastewater.
- Question: Which nation’s President resigned after being detained at gunpoint by mutinying soldiers?
Answer: Mali President Ibrahim Boubacar Keita announced his resignation and dissolved the Parliament.
- Question: The ‘Eat Right India’ movement that has won the ‘Food System Vision Prize’, is being implemented by which organisation?
Answer: Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI). The award is presented by the Rockefeller Foundation, SecondMuse and OpenIDEO. Hyderabad-based NGO Naandi Foundation also won the Food Vision Prize.
- Question: Which state topped Niti Aayog’s Export Preparedness Index 2020?
- Question: ‘Char Dham Pariyojana’ is a project to connect major pilgrimage sites in which state/UT?
Answer: Recently, the High-Powered Committee (HPC) appointed by the Supreme Court of India and headed by Ravi Chopra said that the project has caused long-term damage to the Himalayan ecology.
- Question: Which nation has discovered the biggest-ever natural gas reserve in the Black Sea?
Answer: Turkey has discovered 320 billion cubic meters of natural gas, the biggest-ever natural gas reserve in the Black Sea.
- Question: What is the name of the DRDO-certified device for disinfection of surfaces, launched by Union Minister Nitin Gadkari?
Answer: “Atulya” – a new device that can disinfect any premise in 30 seconds. The device is developed completely in India. It is portable and weighs about 3 kilograms. It can be used to disinfect any premise up to an area of 5 meters at a time.