Mobile device app crashes are often caused by limited memory or other memory-related problems. Other elements that might be blamed for the issue include other malicious programmes, flawed upgrades, and poor software (malware). All of these may cause an app to become damaged and unstable, which may be the cause of Snapchat connection troubles. The Snapchat app on your Phone may not be functioning correctly or may constantly crashing for any of these reasons.
Why is Snapchat Keeps Crashing?
If Snapchat keeps crashing, It can happen due to several reasons, such as:
- There is some technical issue in Snapchat app or Snapchat server is down.
- Your network connection is turned off
- You have turned on the low data mode in your mobile
- You haven’t updated the app in a long while
- You haven’t cleared the app cache
- Your Wi-Fi or mobile data is not working properly
How to Fix “Snapchat Keeps Crashing”?
#1 Clear Snapchat then restart.
Data corruption is one of the primary causes of app crashes and malfunctions. The program’s memory may have had a specific data segment, such as cache or temporary data, that was damaged and ultimately had an impact on how the app worked. Such problems, particularly small ones, will probably be resolved by clearing the problematic programme. As a result, adhere to following instructions to remove the Snapchat app and/or any other background programmes before relaunching Snapchat:
- Press the Home button twice quickly. It’s the same as when you double-click a program icon on the computer.
- On the next screen, you should see a list of recently used apps.
- Locate Snapchat from the list and then swipe up on the app to clear it.
#2 Restart your Phone (soft reset).
On many devices, including your Phone, a device restart or soft reset is often the first suggested fix for any small bugs and software faults that spontaneously occur. It functions by fixing any software issues that are causing a particular app or the device itself to act strangely or cease operating. The internal memory’s data won’t be impacted by this. Here’s the procedure:
- Press and hold the Power or Side button for a few seconds.
- When you see the Slide to Power Off menu, release the Power button.
- Then drag the slider to the right. This will trigger your Phone to shut down.
- After 30 seconds, press and hold the Power/Side button again and then release when the Apple logo appears.
#3 Disconnect Wi-Fi then reconnect.
Snapchat must meet a number of prerequisites in order to function properly on your device. Processing power (CPU), graphic requirements, internal memory/storage, software version, and an Internet connection are a few of the essential requirements. Using Snapchat offline might be difficult, even if there are various methods to publish picture updates without an Internet connection. Errors often happen, including posting failures and crashes. Without a steady connection to the server, online programmes have a tendency to cease functioning and crash. Try briefly turning off and turning on Wi-Fi on your phone to rule out any network connection difficulties. This is how:
- Tap Settings from the Home screen.
- Tap Wi-Fi.
- Tap the Wi-Fi switch to turn Wi-Fi off. This will disconnect your Phone from the wireless network.
- After 30 seconds, tap the Wi-Fi switch again to turn Wi-Fi back on.
- Alternatively, you can open the Control Center and then tap the Wi-Fi icon to turn Wi-Fi off and then on again.
#4 Update your apps (if applicable)
Another major factor in why Snapchat wasn’t able to function correctly on your Phone is bugs and viruses. In this situation, upgrading the app may be able to fix the issue. Updates often include security and bug fixes, maintaining the functionality of the programme. You will need to manually check for and install any available updates for your applications if you haven’t set up your device to install updates automatically. This is how:
- To get started, tap the App Store icon from the Home screen.
- From the App Store main screen, tap the Updates icon at the bottom right. A list of your apps with pending updates will then show up on the next screen.
- Tap the Update button next to Snapchat to install new update for Snapchat.
- If multiple updates for apps are available, tap Update All to update all apps at once.
#5 Delete Snapchat then re-install.
By deleting the cache or data from the problematic app, certain software difficulties, especially those classed among other minor issues occurring on specific applications like Snapchat, may be resolved. By deleting temporary files from the app’s memory that may have caused conflict and instability, the cache may be cleared. When using iOS, deleting an app’s cache and data requires uninstalling the programme. The unstable Snapchat app may be removed from your Phone at this point, and you may then download the most recent version of the app for your device from the App Store and install it again.
- Tap and hold on any app icon from the Home screen.
- When you see the icons start to jiggle, tap the X in the left corner of the Snapchat app. Doing so will delete or uninstall the app from your Phone.
- Tap Delete to confirm action.
#6 Sync Date & time Settings
When your device’s data & time settings are not in sync with the actual date & time, the Snapchat app may sometimes not function as intended. Therefore, ensure that the data and time on your device are accurate. Check whether the Snapchat app is functioning correctly after that.
To Fix Snapchat crashing issue, check for stable internet connection, delete and install the Snapchat app. This will fix your issue and Snapchat App will work fine. Alternately, there are chances that there are some technical issues in Snapchat App. So, in this case wait till the those technical issues resolved from Snapchat team. After that also update Snapchat app to latest version if available. After that Snapchat App will work fine.