How to prepare for IIFT 2022?
How to prepare for IIFT 2022? – IIFT, a national-level entrance exam conducted by the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade is one of the eminent MBA entrance exams after the Common Aptitude Test ( CAT). The preparation for IIFT 2022 is an arduous path up the hill. The entrance exam is conducted for admission into MBA (IB) at Kolkata, Delhi, and Kakinada campuses across India. IIFT was conducted on January 24, 2021, in an online format. Though the preparation strategy for CAT helps you get along with IIFT preparation too, there are additional topics in IIFT 2022 on which you need to focus on. Here you need to brush up your knowledge on general knowledge and business awareness too, the section that is not included in CAT. If you are an IIFT aspirant, this article will help you in guiding how to prepare for IIFT 2022.
- When and How to prepare for IIFT
- Which are the IIFT Preparation Books
- What IIFT 2022 Study Material is available apart from the books
- IIFT Preparation Tips by past IIFT Toppers
- Preparation with IIFT Coaching or Self preparation-which is better
- IIFT Preparation Online
- Strategy – How to crack IIFT Exam with High score
IIFT Exam Highlights 2021
IIFT will be conducted online so make sure you manage your time accordingly.
There is no sectional time limit, but the total time duration i.e. 120 minutes is less than other MBA exams as you need to solve calculation-intensive 120 questions in this span.
IIFT exam has negative marking varying section wise.
DI section is quite a calculation oriented rather than quantitative aptitude section as compared to CAT.
There is a separate additional section for General Knowledge too where questions are based on business awareness too.
The number of questions in IIFT changes year wise depending on the paper setting authorities.
The admission will be granted in any three campuses of IIFT located in Delhi, Kolkata and Kakinada.
The exam is conducted by the National Testing Agency( NTA) and is a national level examination.
IIFT 2022 Sectional Composition
As per the exam pattern, IIFT 2022 is supposed to consist of four sections which are Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension, Quantitative Aptitude, Logical Reasoning & Data Interpretation, and General Awareness. The number of questions and marking scheme may vary as it changes from year to year. The test will be conducted in an online mode. The number of sections in contrast to last year was changed from six to four. Before stepping into the IIFT 2022 preparation, it is necessary for you to go through the exam pattern of IIFT given below.
IIFT Exam Pattern 2021
No. of questions
Now let us move on to the preparation part- “How to prepare for IIFT 2022?” Given below are some helpful preparation tips as recommended by experts and previous year’s toppers.
IIFT Exam 2021 Preparation Time: An Important Factor
As the IIFT preparation time goes on reducing month after month with every passing day, you need to revisit your IIFT preparation strategy and synchronise it with remaining IIFT preparation Time. IIFT preparation tips by toppers who suggest ‘How to prepare for IIFT in 3 months or 2 months’; ‘How to crack IIFT Exam with a planned IIFT Test Preparation strategy in 2 months’ and so on, are more relevant as the IIFT preparation time is short now.
IIFT Preparation Tips
IIFT Preparation Tips 2021 will guide you how to start IIFT Test Preparation as per the revised IIFT exam pattern. When you begin your IIFT Preparation Online or offline, you should keeping in mind the following tips for IIFT preparation:
- IIFT Exam Pattern: You must be aware about the IIFT 2022 exam pattern
- IIFT 2022 Syllabus
- Online IIFT preparation
- How to prepare for IIFT in 6 months?
- How to prepare for IIFT in 3 months?
- How to prepare for IIFT in 2 months?
- How to prepare for IIFT without coaching and with self study?
- Books for IIFT preparation
- IIFT Preparation with Coaching
- IIFT Mock Test 2021
- Strategy How to crack IIFT exam with 95+ percentile
Section-Wise Preparation Tips for IIFT 2022
Let’s look at the some key insights about Quantitative Aptitude, Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension, Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning and General Knowledge sections of IIFT exam and preparation strategy.
How to prepare for VARC section of IIFT exam
- In the VARC section, there will be 35 questions in MCQ format. This section has maximum weightage in the question paper and is usually of moderate difficulty level
- The RC passages are direct and fact based. Absence of inference based passages makes this section doable
- The candidates need to focus on reading speed as the length of each passages is usually 800 words
- To prepare this section, develop reading speed and strengthen your grammar
- Read newspaper editorials, online blogs, novels & short stories, business reports, etc.
- Practice as many RC passages as you can and choose the tough and tricky ones
- For VA revise English grammar you studied in schools. Refer to Wren & Martin grammar book
- Solving sample papers and mock questions will strengthen your grasp on Verbal Ability
How to prepare for GK section of IIFT exam
- To prepare for this section, read newspapers, current affairs magazines and watch business news
- There will be some questions from static GK. Prepare for it from Manorama Year Book and Competition Success Review
- This section is the easiest to solve and has least number of questions (20) thus in the exam, you should attempt it at the end
How to prepare for LRDI section of IIFT exam
- This section of the IIFT exam paper will have 30 questions equally divided into Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation (LRDI)
- This section normally contains logic-based questions, but there could be some calculation intensive questions too. So, devote extra time on understanding the concepts and formulae.
- While studying the topics, solve each sample question at least thrice so that the process is etched in your mind
- Practice from previous years’ IIFT question papers and mock test series. This will expose you to variety of LRDI questions – tough, tricky, lengthy and easy
- Take help from online study groups to discover tricks and shortcuts of solving LRDI questions with 100 per cent accuracy
- Revise all the concepts and formulae in the last few days before the exam
How to prepare for QA section of IIFT exam
- The Quantitative Analysis (QA) section of IIFT exam is usually of moderate difficulty having 25 questions in total
- This section is calculation heavy, you need to be thorough with formulae and theorems
- Make NCERT Maths book of Class 9th to 10th your best friend to understand the basics of Algebra, Geometry, Trignometry and Mensuration
- Practice sample questions and revise theorems regularly
- Most of the questions asked are from Algebra, Arithmetic and Geometry to pay extra attention to those but don’t ignore Mensuration for these topics
- There is negative marking in IIFT exam, so develop the skill of choosing only those QA questions you can solve with 100 per cent accuracy
- For 100 per cent accuracy, practice mock tests and sample questions