INDIA’S SATELLITE & IMPORTANT KEY FACTS
India’s Satellite: Important Key Facts and News Every Indian Must Know! We must know. India’s satellite list and key facts which is important
India’s Satellites: Important Key Facts and News Every Indian Must Know!
We must be aware of all the Indian Satellites which were launched by ISRO till date. But we don’t know the facts and news behind these launches. So, we are providing some facts and news regarding ISRO and Indian satellites.
- India’s Second Mission to moon “Chandrayaan-2” was launched on 22nd July 2019.
- ISRO was formed by Dr. Vikram Sarabhai on 15th August 1969.
- A.P.J. Abdul Kalam was the director of India’s first Indigenous Satellite Launch Vehicle (SLV-3).
- The first Indian Satellite, Aryabhatta was named after an Indian astronomer and mathematician.
- Prime Minister, Indira Gandhi named the first Indian Satellite as Aryabhatta.
- ISRO’s Mars mission is the cheapest mission so far with just Rs. 450 Crores (Rs. 12/km).
- ISRO’s mission to Mars was the only mission to reach the Mars in the first attempt.
- ISRO has set a national record of launching a rocket carrying 20 satellites out of which 13 were from US.
- ISRO is one of the six space agencies in the world with the capability to build and launch satellites from its own soil.
🔸Launch date : 22 October 2008
🔸Rocket : PSLV-XL C11
🔸Launch site : Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre, Thiruvananthapuram
🔸Project Director : Dr M Annadurai
🔸Chandrayaan-1, India’s first moon mission
🔸Launch date : 22 July 2019
🔸Rocket : GSLV Mark III M1
🔸Mission Director : Ritu Karidhal
🔸Project Director : Muthayya Vanitha
🔸Lander name : Vikram
🔸Rover name : Praygan
🔸Launch site : Satish Dhawan Space Centre Andhra Pradesh
🔸Chandrayaan-2, India’s second moon mission
🔸Total weight of the Chandrayaan-2 is 3,850 kg
🔸Total cost of the mission : US$141 million ( Rs 978 crore)
🔴 Mars Orbiter Mission (MOM), also called Mangalyaan
🔸Launch date : 5 November 2013
🔸Rocket : PSLV-XL C25
🔸Launch site :
Satish Dhawan space centre Andhra Pradesh
🔷 Mangalyaan-2 : ISRO planned to launch this mission by 2025
🔷 Gaganyaan Mission : ISRO planned to be launched on GSLV Mk III in December 2021
💠 Aryabhata India’s first satellites Launched on 19 April 1975
💠 GSAT-1 India’s first commercial satellite
💠 SLV-3 was India’s first experimental satellite launch vehicle,
💠 Ariane Passenger PayLoad Experiment, (APPLE) first communication satellite in India Launched 19 June 1981
💠 Udupi Ramachandra Rao : satellite Man of India
💠 Rakesh Sharma : first Indian astronaut
💠 Kalpana Chawla : first woman astronaut of India
💠 Rohini is a series of satellites launched by the ISRO on 1980