July Top Question And Answer 2020
July Top Question And Answer 2020 – Gk By Mr. DJ
- Question: The world’s first yoga university outside India has been launched in which country?
- Answer: Los Angeles, United States. The Vivekananda Yoga University (VaYU) will offer programmes that combine scientific principles and modern research approaches to the ancient Indian practice of yoga.
- Question: Which planet’s moon is drifting away faster than expected?
Answer: Saturn’s moon Titan has been moving away, about 4 inches (11 centimeters) every year, as per data discovered from NASA’s Cassini spacecraft.
- Question: World Karate Federation has provisionally de-recognised which nation’s Karate association?
Answer: India, for violating the world body’s statutes during its 2019 elections.
- Question: Which state government has planned to launch Indira Rasoi Yojana?
Answer: Rajasthan government has been planning to launch Indira Rasoi Yojana (Indira Kitchen Scheme) to fulfill the government’s resolution of ‘No One Sleeps Hungry’.
- Question: Which city will host the 51st annual summit of the World Economic Forum?
Answer: The 51st annual summit of the World Economic Forum will be held in Davos, Switzerland under the theme ‘The Great Reset’. The summit has been named as ‘a unique Twin Summit’.
- Question: India won its non-permanent membership at the UN Security Council with how many votes?
Answer: India won 184 votes out of the total 192 valid votes polled in the 193-member UN General Assembly.
- Question: What is the name of India’s first wireless physiological parameters monitoring system for COVID-19 patients?
Answer: COVID BEEP
- Question: The newly elected President of the 75th UN General Assembly, Volkan Bozkir belongs to which nation?
Answer: Turkish diplomat Volkan Bozkir has been elected as the President of the 75th UN General Assembly. Bozkir will take charge in September and will be serving for a period of one year.
- Question: Which State will provide free internet access to the poor?
Answer: Kerala Fibre Optic Network Project (K-FON) project will provide free internet access to the poor and will roll out by December 2020.
- Question: The United Nations has honoured which state’s Health minister by sending an invitation for UN panel discussion on World Public Service Day?
Answer: Kerala health minister, KK Shailaja. She was the honored speaker from India to speak about the strategies that were adopted by the state to combat the pandemic.
- Question: Which Indian weightlifter has been cleared of doping charges by the International Weightlifting Federation?
Answer: K Sanjita Chanu. Chanu won the gold medals at the 2014 Glasgow and the 2018 Gold Coast events in the women’s 48 kg and 53 kg weight category respectively.
- Question: What was the theme of World Environment Day 2020?
Answer: ‘Biodiversity’. World Environment Day 2020 was observed across the globe on June 5, 2020
- Question: Which state has launched an online waste exchange platform?
Answer: Andhra Pradesh. The digital platform was launched on the occasion of World Environment Day on 5th June 2020.
- Question: Recently launched Champions portal will help which sector?
Answer: The Champions portal will aim to resolve the problems of MSMEs including those of finance, raw materials, labour and regulatory permissions.
- Question: The United Nations has completed how many years of its existence in 2020?
Answer: 75 Years. It was founded in 1945 and is currently made up of 193 Member States.
- Question: Which nation plans to set up a permanent military base in the Indian Ocean by March, 2021?
Answer: Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC) plans to establish a permanent military base in the Indian Ocean. This was announced by IRGC Navy Commander Rear Admiral Alireza Tangsiri.
- Question: India has pledged how much amount for the Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunisation (GAVI)?
Answer: USD15 Million. He made the announcement during the Global Vaccine Summit hosted by the United Kingdom (UK).
- Question: The Government on 30th June 2020 declared which state as a disturbed area for another 6 months?
Answer: The entire Nagaland has been declared as a “disturbed area” for six more months till December-end.
- Question: Who has indigenously developed ARPIT- Airborne Rescue Pod?
Answer: The Indian Air Force. The rescue pod will be utilised for the evacuation of severely ill patients with infectious diseases including COVID-19.
- Question: Iran has issued an arrest warrant for which world leader?
Answer: Donald Trump over the killing of top Iranian general in January, Qasem Soleimani. Iran has asked Interpol to issue a “red notice” for Trump and the other individuals involved in the killing of Soleimani.
- Question: Which nation is the smallest ever nation to secure a UNSC seat?
Answer: Vincent and the Grenadines is the smallest-ever nation to secure a UNSC seat.
- Question: Which state has made Bande Utkala Janani its state song?
Answer: The move comes a week after the Odisha CM urged all the people of the state to sing the song to express gratitude to the COVID warriors.
- Question: What is the name of India’s first indigenous vaccine candidate?
- Question: India was ranked at which position among the world’s top FDI recipients in 2019, as per the UN?
Answer: India received USD 51 billion in foreign investment in 2019, revealed UN Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) in its report.
- Question: Legendary Filmmaker Basu Chatterjee passed away on June 4, 2020. He had won a National Award for which film?
Answer: Besides this, he had won the IIFA Lifetime Achievement Award in 2007.
- Question: Which state has launched ‘Project Platina’- world’s largest convalescent plasma therapy trial?
Answer: The entire plasma therapy treatment will be free of cost for all patients of Maharashtra. All critical patients will receive two doses of 200 ml of convalescent plasma.
- Question: India has been ranked at which position on the annual World Competitiveness Index?
Answer: The index was compiled by Institute for Management Development (IMD). Singapore topped the 63-nation ranking list.
- Question: Which state topped India’s State Food Safety Index among larger states?
Answer: Gujarat has topped India’s food safety index among larger states, while Goa topped the index among the small states. Chandigarh has topped India’s food safety index among the union territories.
- Question: Which state has planned to launch India’s first Plasma Bank for COVID-19?
Answer: It will be set-up at the Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences in Delhi.
- Question: India will be sending a tri-service military contingent to participate in which nation’s Victory Day?
Answer: The annual Russian Victory Day parade marks the surrender of Nazi Germany in 1945.
- Question: Which two countries are involved in the implementation of the Kohala Hydroelectric Power project?
Answer: Pakistan and China, in the region of Pakistan Occupied Kashmir. The project is being implemented under the China Pakistan Economic Corridor.
- Question: Which country will host FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023?
Answer: Australia and New Zealand. The Women’s World Cup 2019 was hosted by France. The United States had beaten Netherlands 2-0 to clinch their second consecutive World Cup title and fourth overall.
- Question: Indian runner Gomathi Marimuthu has been banned from the sport by Athletics Integrity Unit (AIU) for how many years for doping?
Answer: 4 Years. She had won gold in the women’s 800 m race at the 2019 Asian Athletics Championships held in Doha, Qatar.
- Question: Which nation’s radio stations have started giving weather bulletins of territories claimed by India?
Answer: Nepal’s FM radio stations have started giving weather bulletins of disputed areas of Lipulekh, Kalapani and Limpiyadhura, which India considers as a part of its own territory.
- Question: Which institute has launched a behaviour change campaign named ‘Navigating the New Normal’?
Answer: NITI Ayog. The campaign will help people in following the norms in containing the spread of COVID-19.
- Question: Which place has been declared as Uttarakhand’s new summer capital?
Answer: Bhararisen (Garisain) in the Chamoli district. The decision makes Uttarakhand the second state in India after Jammu and Kashmir to have two capitals.
- Question: Which state will launch the ‘ Play little, Study little’ scheme for school students?
Answer: The Tripura government has launched ‘Ektu Khelo, Ektu Padho’ which means ‘Play little, Study little’. Under the scheme, the students would be getting audio and video content on learning activities projects as well as fun and gaming activities through SMS or WhatsApp.
- Question: Which Indian state has announced Godhan Nyay Yojana to procure cow dung from cattle owners?
Answer: Under the scheme, the state will procure cow dung from livestock owners at a fixed procurement rate to make animal husbandry commercially profitable, prevent open grazing by cattle and solve the problem of stray animals on roads and for environment conservation.
You May Also Like Our Content
- chapter wise MCQs on Indian polity and constitution
- Important One Liner Economics 500 Question
- Polity 500 One Liner Questions And Answers
- Geography of India 500 One Liner Questions And Answers
- 720+ Computer Awareness MCQs and Quiz
- 1000+ All GA Questions Asked in RRB NTPC Exam ( Best Three Phases )
- Budget 2021 Most Important MCQs from Economic Survey