Directions : In each of the following questions a statement is given, followed by two conclusions. Give answer :
Statement : Please note that the company will provide accommodation to only outside candidates if selected.’ – A condition in an advertisement.
I. The local candidates would be having some other arrangement for their stay.
II. The company plans to select only local candidates.
A. Only assumption I is implicit
B. Only assumption II is implicit
C. Either I or II is implicit
D. Neither I nor II is implicit
E. Both I and II are implicit
Answer & Solution
The statement mentions that the company intends to provide accommodation only to outside candidates. This means that local candidates would have to arrange accommodation on their own and that the company may select local as well as outside candidates. Thus, only I is implicit.
- “You are hereby appointed as a programmer with a probation period of one year and your performance will be reviewed at the end of the period for confirmation.” – A line in an appointment letter.
- It is desirable to put the child in school at the age of 5 or so.
- “In order to bring punctuality in our office, we must provide conveyance allowance to our employees.” – In charge of a company tells Personnel Manager.
- Unemployment allowance should be given to all unemployed Indian youth above 18 years of age.
- “If you trouble me, I will slap you.” – A mother warns her child.
- The State government has decided to appoint four thousand primary school teachers during the next financial year.
- A warning in a train compartment – “To stop train, pull chain. Penalty for improper use Rs. 500.”