Prehistoric India MCQs
Multiple Choice Questions and Answers with explanation on Prehistoric India for SSC, PCS, UPSC, IAS,NEET, CBSE /UGC NET, Class IX, X, XI and XII Students. You Can read our story notes on prehistoric India.
- Which among the following site has yielded the cultural remains from Neolithic to Harappan era?
Correct Answer: [D] Mehrgarh
- Bhimbethka in Madhya Pradesh is an ancient Indian site where art prehistoric age are found preserved in rock-shelters. These arts belong to:
2. Mesolithic age
3. Chalcolithic age
Choose the corRect option:
[A] Only 1
[B] Only 1 & 2
[C] Only 2 & 3
[D] 1,2 & 3
Correct Answer: [D] 1,2 & 3
- Which of the following places is known for painted rock shelters belonging to Paleolithic and Mesolithic ages?
Correct Answer: [C] Bhimbetka
- In which of the following age human shifted from food gathering stage to food producing stage?
[A] Paleolithic age
[B] Neolithic age
[C] Mesolithic age
[D] None of the above
Correct Answer: [B] Neolithic age
- Giak & Kiari are located in which of the following?
Correct Answer: [A] Ladakh
- Which of the following era / communities represent Jorwe culture?
[A] Vedic Era
[B] Chalcolithic Era
[C] Palaeolithic Era
[D] Later vedic Era
Correct Answer: [B] Chalcolithic Era
- In which of the following modern area “Amri Culture” developed?
[A] North East States of India
[B] Sindh and Baluchistan of Pakistan
[C] Eastern Iraq
[D] South India
Correct Answer: [B] Sindh and Baluchistan of Pakistan
- Which of the following was most probably the first metal to be used in India?
Correct Answer: [B] Copper
- The Jorwe culture of ancient India has been named after site of the same name in which of the following states?
Correct Answer: [D] Maharashtra
- Which of the following terms is not associated with a tool tradition of ancient India / World?
Correct Answer: [D] Grotian