Sports Gk MCQs – Gk Sports Questions And Answers
- Which of the following players is supposed to be standing still, till the ball is bowled by the bowler as per the Laws of Cricket code?
Correct Answer: D [Wicket-keeper ]
- Who had won the Gold Medal in Discus Throw women’s category in 2016 Rio Olympics?
[A] Denia Caballero
[B] Sandra Perkovic
[C] Melina Robert-Michon
[D] Li Yanfeng
Correct Answer: B [Sandra Perkovic ]
- Who is the only athlete in Olympic history to participate in 8 Winter Olympics?
[A] Nathan Chen
[B] Sven Kramer
[C] Noriaki Kasai
[D] Wu Dajing
Correct Answer: C [Noriaki Kasai ]
- Which nation has won most number of titles in BWF Women’s doubles in World Championships?
[D] South Korea
Correct Answer: A [China ]
- Where are the headquarters of UWW based?
[B] New York
Correct Answer: C [Lausanne ]
- The Olympics Games are normally held every how many years?
[A] 2 Years
[B] 4 Years
[C] 6 Years
[D] 8 Years
Correct Answer: B [4 Years]
- Who is known as the father of the modern Olympic Games?
[A] Woodrow Wilson
[B] Pierre de Coubertin
[C] Spyridon Samaras
[D] Herbert Hoover
Correct Answer: B [Pierre de Coubertin]
- Which are the only five countries that have participated in all the Summer Olympic Games?
[A] Australia, France, Great Britain, Greece, Switzerland
[B] United States of America, Australia, France, Great Britain, Switzerland
[C] United States of America, Russia, Great Britain, France, Germany
[D] South Africa, Argentina, Canada, France, Australia
Correct Answer: A [Australia, France, Great Britain, Greece, Switzerland]
- Which was the first Summer Olympic Games to be broadcast worldwide on television?
[A] 1964 Summer Olympics, Tokyo
[B] 1968 Summer Olympics, Mexico City
[C] 1972 Summer Olympics, Munich
[D] 1976 Summer Olympics, Montreal
Correct Answer: A [1964 Summer Olympics, Tokyo]
- Which of the following were the participants of the famous “Black Power Salute” in the 1968 Summer Olympics, Mexico City?
[A] Tommie Smith, John Carlos, Peter Norman
[B] Jesse Owens, Michael Jordan, Carl Lewis
[C] Jackie Robinson, Jim Brown, Bill Russell
[D] Willie Mays, Hank Aaron, Wilt Chamberlain
Correct Answer: A [Tommie Smith, John Carlos, Peter Norman]