Stock Exchange Note
Some important Stock Exchange Index and Country (location)
- Nikkei, Pix = Japan
- Kospi = Korea
- Bove spa = Brazil
- NASDAQ, NYSE = USA
- Simex = Singapore
- Hang Seng = Hong Kong
- FTSE = England
- Bombay Stock Exchangeis the oldest Stock Exchange in Asia.
- Full-form of SENSEX- Sensitive Index
- Bombay Stock Exchange is situated in Dalal Street.
- NASDAQis the World’s First Electronic Stock Exchange.
NASDAQ: National Association of Securities Dealers Automated Quotations
- New York Stock Exchange (NYSE)has the nick name “Big Board”. It is situated in Wall Street.
- Full form of NIFTYis “National Stock Exchange Fifty”
The NIFTY 50 index is the National Stock Exchange of India’s benchmark broad based stock market index for the Indian equity market. It represents the weighted average of 50 Indian company stocks in 13 sectors and is one of the two main stock indices used in India, the other being the BSE Sensex.
- The BSE SENSEXis a free-float market-weighted stock market index of 30 well-established and financially sound companies listed on Bombay Stock Exchange.
- Blue Chip Company:A company, whose share always provides profit. The name “blue chip” came about from the game of poker in which the blue chips have the highest value. A blue chip is stock in a corporation with a national reputation for quality, reliability, and the ability to operate profitably in good and bad times.
- FTSE-100is a stock exchange of London, which monitors the activities of the European market.
- The S&P 500, or just the S&P, is a stock market index that measures the stock performance of 500 large companies listed on stock exchanges in the United States. It is one of the most commonly followed equity indices, and many consider it to be one of the best representations of the U.S. stock market.
- First indian company to be listed in NASDAQ: Infosys
Infosys Technologies became the first Indian company to be listed on the US NASDAQ in March 1999.
- NASDAQis the second-biggest stock exchange in the world market cap (10,857 billion USD). The top 10 stock exchanges are: New York Stock Exchange, NASDAQ, Japan Exchange Group, Shanghai Stock Exchange, Hong Kong Stock Exchange, Euronext, London Stock Exchange Group, Shenzhen Stock Exchange, TMX Group, Bombay Stock Exchange.
- Makemytripis listed in NASDAQ stock exchange but not in Indian BSE or NSE.
- Mumbai stock exchange was founded in 9 July 1875While National stock exchange in 1992.
- Stock market is regulated SEBI (The Securities and Exchange Board of India)
- Masala bondsare bonds issued outside India an Indian entity or corporate. These bonds are issued in Indian currency than local currency.
HDFC has been the first corporate in India to issue masala bond. LONDON STOCK EXCHANGE WELCOMES THE FIRST MASALA BOND ISSUED BY AN INDIAN CORPORATE, HFDC.