Directions : In each of the following questions a statement is given, followed by two conclusions. Give answer :
Statement : A sentence in the letter to the candidates called for written examination – ‘You have to bear your expenses on travel etc’.
I. If not clarified all the candidates may claim reimbursement of expenses.
II. Many organizations reimburse expenses on travel to candidates called for written examination.
A. Only assumption I is implicit
B. Only assumption II is implicit
C. Either I or II is implicit
D. Neither I nor II is implicit
E. Both I and II are implicit
Answer & Solution
Clearly, not mentioning the condition may provoke all the candidates to demand their claim. So, I is implicit. The condition is mentioned because some companies do reimburse the travel expenses. So, II is also implicit.
- “You are hereby appointed as a programmer with a probation period of one year and your performance will be reviewed at the end of the period for confirmation.” – A line in an appointment letter.
- It is desirable to put the child in school at the age of 5 or so.
- “In order to bring punctuality in our office, we must provide conveyance allowance to our employees.” – In charge of a company tells Personnel Manager.
- Unemployment allowance should be given to all unemployed Indian youth above 18 years of age.
- “If you trouble me, I will slap you.” – A mother warns her child.
- The State government has decided to appoint four thousand primary school teachers during the next financial year.
- A warning in a train compartment – “To stop train, pull chain. Penalty for improper use Rs. 500.”