Cost Accounting MCQ
What Is Cost Accounting?
Cost accounting is a method of managerial accounting which aims to capture the total production cost of a business by measuring the variable costs of each production phase as well as fixed costs, such as a lease expense.
Examples include rent, depreciation, interest on loans and lease expenses. Direct, indirect, fixed, and variable are the 4 main kinds of cost. In addition to this, you might also want to look into operating costs, opportunity costs, sunk costs, and controllable costs. Best Management Accounting MCQs.
1. Cost accounting mainly helps the management in
a) Earning profit
b) Providing information to management
c) Fixing prices of the products
d) All of the above
2. Cost accounting provides all of the following information except
a) Product cost
b) Cost of goods sold
c) Inventory values
d) Cash forecasts
3. Which of the following is cost – behavior oriented approach to
a) Absorption cost
b) Process costing
c) Marginal costing.
d) Job – order costing
4. An item of cost that is direct for one business may be ……….for another business.
5. The total of all direct expense is known as ……………… cost
a) Prime cost
b) Factory cost
c) Selling cost
d) Cost of products
6. …………… costs are partly fixed and partly variable in relation to
c) Semi – variable
7. An opportunity cost is ……………………
a) The advantage foregone
b) Additional income
c) Cost incurred in post
d) Cost for replacement
8. An opportunity cost does not involve
c) Cash outlays
9. Total variable cost change ……….. With change in output
b) Not proportionately
10. Fixed cost per unit …………. With increase in output
b) Not –increase
d) Not decrease