February MCQ Part 1
- ‘SAMPRITI’ is a joint military training exercise between India and which country?
- India recently observed ‘Martyrs’ Day’ on 30th January, to pay homage to which Indian leader?
Answer: Mahatma Gandhi
- Which Indian journalist has been chosen as the recipient of 2019-20 PEN Gauri Lankesh Award?
Answer: Yusuf Jameel
- As per the recent Economic Outlook Survey released by FICCI, what is the estimated median GDP growth forecast for 2019-20?
- Who has been appointed as the new Chairman of the Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs, recently?
Answer: M. Ajit Kumar
- Ajmal Sultanpuri, who passed away recently, was a renowned poet in which language?
- The Department of Telecom, India has recently taken over process to issue and manage the allocation of IMEI. What does IMEI stand for?
Answer: International Mobile Equipment Identity
- Khadi wrist watches have been recently launched by the Khadi and Village Industries Commission, in association with which company?
- Who has been appointed as the next ambassador of India to Nepal?
Answer: Vinay Mohan Kwatra
- Which Indian think tank has been ranked among the top 30 think tanks globally, as per a recent report?
Answer: Observer Research Foundation (ORF)
- What is the GDP growth rate of India, in 2018-19, as per the recent statement from the National Statistical Office (NSO), on January 31,2020?
- Which global tech firm has launched a short-video making application called ‘Tangi’, which focusses on creativity?
- According to the recent Economic Survey 2019-20, which state has the cheapest Vegetarian Thali (food plate)?
- As per the recent Economic Survey 2019-20, what is the rank of India globally in number of new firms created?
- Which Indian-American has been appointed as the new Chairman of the tech company- International Business Machines Corporation (IBM)?
Answer: Arvind Krishna
- When is the Anti-leprosy day for the year 2020, observed across the world?
Answer: January 26
- The European Union has how many countries in its bloc, after the exit of the United Kingdom?
- The India International Leather Fair (IILF), 2020 is being held in which city?
- Abidali Neemuchwala, who resigned recently, was the Chief Executive Officer of which popular Indian IT firm?
- The 250th flight operation under the RCS – UDAN scheme was recently commenced between Bhubaneswar and which Indian city?
February MCQ Part 1
- According to the recent Union Budget 2020-21, what is the disinvestment target of the Indian Government
for 2020-21?[A] ₹ 1.0 Lakh Crores [B] ₹ 1.1 Lakh Crores [C] ₹ 1.2 Lakh Crores [D] ₹ 1.3 Lakh Crores
Answer: ₹ 1.2 Lakh Crores
- As per the recent Union budget, what is the estimated fiscal deficit target for 2020-21, expressed in per cent of GDP?
- What is the maximum insurance provided for bank deposits, as per the latest Union budget 20-21?
Answer: ₹ 5 Lakh
- What is the name of the new scheme proposed in the budget, which is to be implemented by the Aviation Ministry, for transporting agricultural products?
Answer: Krishi Udan Scheme
- Who clinched the men’s singles title in the recently held Australian Open tournament, 2020?
Answer: Novak Djokovic
- Pramod Agrawal was recently appointed as the new Chairman and Managing Director of which Public Sector Enterprise?
Answer: Coal India Limited (CIL)
- The third private train of the IRCTC is set to run between Varanasi and which Indian city?
- Which Indian diplomat was recently appointed as India’s High Commissioner to Sri Lanka?
Answer: Gopal Baglay
- Which country has national emergency to tackle the attack of locust swarms?
- In which Indian city, the Indian navy conducted its coastal security exercise, ‘Matla Abhiyaan’?
- “Sophisticated Analytical & Technical Help Institutes (SATHI)” is an initiative of which Ministry?
Answer: Ministry of Science and Technology
- Which state bagged the award for ‘Best performance in Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana’, recently presented by the Union Minister of Women & Child Development?
Answer: Madhya Pradesh
- Which Indian state has recently declared the disease caused by the novel coronavirus as a “state calamity”?
- The Hubbali to Dharwad Bus Rapid Transit System (BRTS) project was recently inaugurated in which state?
- Which banker of India has been named as the Central Banker of the Year (Asia-Pacific 2020), by the Banker magazine?
Answer: Shaktikanta Das
- The famous arts festival called ‘Kala Ghoda Arts Festival’ is celebrated annually in which Indian city?
- The third Defence Attaches conference, 2020 was recently held in which city?
Answer: New Delhi
- The Scientists at Indian Veterinary Research Institute have recently developed a low-cost vaccine for which disease?
Answer: Swine Fever
- “Babenco: Tell Me When I Die”, which won the ‘Golden Conch Award for Best Documentary Film’ at the Mumbai International Film Festival 2020, is a film of which country?
- L&T MBDA Missile Systems (LTMMSL) has recently set up a missile integration facility at which state?
Answer: Tamil Nadu
- Which state government recently launched a scheme called ‘Janasevaka’ to home-deliver various government services to citizens?
- The Union Cabinet of India recently approved amendments to bring which category of banks under the regulation of Reserve Bank of India?
Answer: Multi-state cooperative banks
- Which country’s delegation of educational institutions recently visited India and signed agreements in the fields of higher education and research?
- Which Indian actor was recently presented with the ‘Kishore Kumar Samman’ Award for 2018, by the Madhya Pradesh government?
Answer: Waheeda Rehman
- Pranab Kumar Gogoi, who recently passed away, was a famous personality in which field?
- Which Indian city is set to play host to the 15th East Asia Summit conference, 2020?
- The flagship biennial Defence exhibition of India ‘DefExpo’ is organised in which Indian city?
- Which Asian country recently introduced a “sustainable development fee” for regional tourists including Indian visitors?
- What is the GDP growth rate of India in the 2020-21 fiscal, as estimated by the Moody’s Investors Service?
- Former world champion Mirabai Chanu, who recently set a new national record in the National Weightlifting Championships, belongs to which state?
- What is the rank of India in the recently released International intellectual property index 2020?
- Union Cabinet of India approved Alliance Air to start flight operations between India and which country, by waiving 20-aircraft rule?
Answer: Sri Lanka
- Britain’s Prince Charles has launched a new Children’s protection fund for which Asian country?
- Which country recently launched the ‘International Religious Freedom Alliance’ for protecting religious freedom across the world?
Answer: United States
- Which social-media platform recently announced that it will label the fake news and remove harmful data shared on its platform?
- India’s 13th major port is set to be established in which state, as per the recent Cabinet approval?
- Which Indian city was recently certified formally as a World Heritage site by UNESCO?
- The Union Cabinet recently approved to confer the status of Institution of National Importance (INI) to how many Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs)?
- Israel’s Elbit Systems recently signed an MoU with which Indian company for developing an unmanned aerial vehicle?
Answer: Hindustan Aeronautics Limited
- Which Indian celebrity is at the top spot in the latest brand valuation study by Duff & Phelps?
Answer: Virat Kohli
- The first India-Africa Defence Ministers’ Conclave was recently held in which city?
- Which famous writer was recently selected for the Mystic Kalinga Literary Award (Indian and Global Languages)?
Answer: Manoj Das
- What is the projected growth rate of India, during the next financial year 2020-21, as per the recent Monetary policy of RBI?
- The fifth India-Russia Military Industrial Conference was recently organised in which city?
- Which organisation is set to release Digital Payments Index (DPI), which will assess the digitalisation of payments in the country?
Answer: Reserve Bank of India (RBI)
- Which city plays host to the 22nd India International Seafood Show, after a gap of 12 years?
- Which state/UT has recently renamed its Public Health Engineering, Irrigation and Flood Control Department as the ‘Jal Shakti Department’?
Answer: Jammu and Kashmir
- The indigenous air to ground missile ‘Khagantak’, which was unveiled during the ongoing DefExpo 2020, is built by which firm/organisation?
Answer: JSR Dynamics
- What is the theme for this year’s International Day of Zero Tolerance for Female Genital Mutilation, observed on February 6?
Answer: Unleashing Youth Power
- Who has been named as the head of the trust for construction of the Ram Temple, which was recently constituted by the Centre?
Answer: K Parasaran
- The cybersecurity project codenamed Dejfa, that was recently making news, belongs to which country?
- How many major ports of India are named after individuals?
- The term “SPICe”, sometimes seen in news, is related to which of the following fields?
Answer: Business & Economy
- The term “Batterygate”, recently in news, is related to which of the following tech giants?
- Recently, Esperanza Base on the Antarctic Peninsula reached a temperature of 18.3 °C , thus becoming the hottest on record for continental Antarctica. Esperanza Base is a research station of which country on
Antarctica?[A] France [B] Portugal [C] Argentina [D] England
- Seer Goverdhanpur in Uttar Pradesh is the birth place of which Bhakti saint?
- In the wake of the coronavirus fears, recently the Baltic Dry Index sank to all time low plunging into negative territory. What is tracked by Baltic Dry Index?
Answer: Freight Rates
- On February 8, 2020, Thaipoosam festival was celebrated by the Tamil community around the world. This festival marks birth day of which deity?
- Which Indian crop faces danger due to a fungus called Alternaria brassicae as per recent news?
- Which Hollywood actor is playing Dr. Kalam in his upcoming biopic?
Answer: Muhammad Ali
- Which state has recently launched an initiative to establish hotels to provide meals at subsidised price called ‘Kudumbashree’ hotels?
- Which Metro rail service in India has become the second largest operational metro rail network in the country?
Answer: Hyderabad Metro
- What is the profession of Anoop Mishra, who has been in news recently?
Answer: Army Major
- Which state recently launched “Mukhyamantri Parivar Samridhi Yojana”, which provides an annual assistance of Rs 6000 to the needy families?
- Arun-III, is the hydropower project of which country, to be built with assistance from India?
- The Pollution Control Board of which state recently received the national award for e-Governance 2019-20?
Answer: Andhra Pradesh
- Which country has reportedly auctioned licenses to hunt elephants, to tackle human-animal conflict?
- The book- ‘A Child of Destiny’, which was recently released by the Indian Vice President, is an autobiography of which Indian educationist?
Answer: K. Ramakrishna Rao
- Which city’s police recently launched an initiative called ‘Operation Nakai’ to verify the identity of autodrivers?
- Municipal Performance Index (MPI), is an index recently launched by which organisation/ Ministry?
Answer: Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs
- Which city is host to the 13th UN Convention on the Conservation of Migratory Species (CMS) (COP 13), 2020?
- Recently, the Supreme Court of India upheld the Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Amendment Act. When was the original act of 1989 amended?
- American Factory, which won the Oscar for the best feature-length documentary, was produced by which famous American personality?
Answer: Barrack Obama
- Which bird is named the mascot of UN Convention of Conservation of Migratory Species (CMS) (COP 13)?
Answer: Great Indian Bustard
- ‘Ajeya Warrior‘ is the joint military exercise conducted between India and which country?
Answer: United Kingdom
- Which Union Ministry releases the Public Enterprises Survey, on the performances of Central Public Sector Enterprises?
Answer: Ministry of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises
- Which state government recently launched the ‘Reading Mission’ initiative for students?
- When is the World Pulses Day observed, across the world?
Answer: February 10
- Which Union Ministry has recently launched the web portal for ‘Star rating of Coal mines’?
Answer: Ministry of Coal
- The storm ‘Ciara’ recently hit several countries of which continent?
- The 2nd BIMSTEC Disaster Management Exercise, 2020 has been conducted in which city?
- Hakim Ajmal Khan, was an eminent physician in which field of Medicine?
- As per the notification of the Ministry of health and family welfare, which component will be treated as ‘drugs’ from April 1, 2020?
Answer: Medical devices
- What is the official name of the virus outbreak from China, as per the World Health Organisation?
- What does ‘GSP’ stand for, in the context of India- US trade?
Answer: Generalized System of Preferences
- Who has been appointed as the chairman of the newly formed space PSU, New Space India Ltd (NSIL)?
Answer: G Narayanan
- ‘PehleSafety’ is an Internet safety campaign of which major technological company?
- Gulmarg, where the National winter games event is set to be held, is located in which state/UT?
Answer: Jammu & Kashmir
- Which state government recently launched toll-free helpline numbers for students to resolve their queries by experts?
Answer: Uttar Pradesh
- ‘We Think Digital’ is a digital literacy program of which global technological company?
- Where is the Headquarters of the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) located?
- The School Health and Wellness Ambassador initiative has been launched under which scheme?
Answer: Ayushman Bharat
- What is the theme of the ‘World Radio Day, 2020’, observed on February 13?
Answer: Radio and Diversity
- Pradhan Mantri Van Dhan Yojana is the flagship scheme of which Union Ministry?
Answer: Ministry of Tribal Affairs
- What is the capital package recently approved for infusion in three state-owned general insurance companies?
Answer: Rs. 2500 Cr
- The Direct Tax ‘Vivad Se Vishwas’ scheme is to cover pending litigation of which tribunal, as per the recent approval by the Union Cabinet?
Answer: Debt Recovery Tribunal
- Which product is recently banned in all airports and aircrafts, by the Bureau of Civil Aviation Security (BCAS)?
- Who was recently appointed as the new President of the Institute of Chartered Accountants (ICAI)?
Answer: Atul Kumar Gupta
- Wendell Rodricks, who passed away recently, was associated with which field?
Answer: Fashion Designing
- Amit Panghal, who was seen in news recently, is a famous personality associated with which sports?
- ‘Apiary on Wheels’ is an initiative of which statutory body of India?
Answer: Khadi and Village Industries Commission
- ‘Pyaar ka Paudha’ (a plant of love), is a campaign of which state, for promoting planting of trees?
- Rajiv Bansal has been appointed as chairman and managing director of which Indian airline?
Answer: Air India
- INS Jamuna of Indian Navy is set to conduct hydrographic surveys in which neighbouring country of India?
Answer: Sri Lanka
- Who was recently appointed as the new Finance Secretary of India?
Answer: Debasish Panda
- Which Indian player was recently named ‘Player of the Year for 2019’, by the International Hockey Federation (FIH)?
Answer: Manpreet Singh
- Rishi Sunak recently became the first Indian-origin Finance Minister of which country?
Answer: United Kingdom
- Rajinder K Pachauri, who recently passed away, was the founder of which Indian research institute?
Answer: The Energy Resources Institute (TERI)
- As of 2020, which Indian Telecom operator is the second most valuable mobile operator in Asia?
Answer: Bharti Airtel
- Lethpora, where a memorial to the CRPF personnel killed in Pulwama attack was inaugurated, is situated
in which state/UT?[A] New Delhi [B] Jammu & Kashmir [C] Punjab [D] Uttarakhand
Answer: Jammu & Kashmir