Directions : In each of the following questions a statement is given, followed by two conclusions. Give answer :
Statement : Please do not use lift while going down – an instruction on the top floor of a five-storey building.
I. While going down, the lift is unable to carry any load.
II. Provision of lift is a matter of facility and not of right.
A. Only assumption I is implicit
B. Only assumption II is implicit
C. Either I or II is implicit
D. Neither I nor II is implicit
E. Both I and II are implicit
Answer & Solution
The statement requests people not to use lift while moving down. This implies that the lift may be used to move up and the request has been made so that more people can use the lift for ascending which would otherwise cause more physical stress than going down the stairs. So, only II is implicit.
- “You are hereby appointed as a programmer with a probation period of one year and your performance will be reviewed at the end of the period for confirmation.” – A line in an appointment letter.
- It is desirable to put the child in school at the age of 5 or so.
- “In order to bring punctuality in our office, we must provide conveyance allowance to our employees.” – In charge of a company tells Personnel Manager.
- Unemployment allowance should be given to all unemployed Indian youth above 18 years of age.
- “If you trouble me, I will slap you.” – A mother warns her child.
- The State government has decided to appoint four thousand primary school teachers during the next financial year.
- A warning in a train compartment – “To stop train, pull chain. Penalty for improper use Rs. 500.”