Directions : In each of the following questions a statement is given, followed by two conclusions. Give answer :
Statement : Shalini made an application to the bank for a loan of Rs. 1,80,000 by mortgaging her house to the bank and promised to repay it within five years.
I. The bank has a practice of granting loans for Rs. 1,00,000 and above.
II. The bank accepts house as collateral security against such loans.
A. Only assumption I is implicit
B. Only assumption II is implicit
C. Either I or II is implicit
D. Neither I nor II is implicit
E. Both I and II are implicit
Answer & Solution
The fact that Shalini has applied for a loan of Rs. 1,80,000 implies that the bank can grant a loan above Rs. 1,00,000. So, I is implicit. II also follows directly from the statement and so is implicit.
- “You are hereby appointed as a programmer with a probation period of one year and your performance will be reviewed at the end of the period for confirmation.” – A line in an appointment letter.
- It is desirable to put the child in school at the age of 5 or so.
- “In order to bring punctuality in our office, we must provide conveyance allowance to our employees.” – In charge of a company tells Personnel Manager.
- Unemployment allowance should be given to all unemployed Indian youth above 18 years of age.
- “If you trouble me, I will slap you.” – A mother warns her child.
- The State government has decided to appoint four thousand primary school teachers during the next financial year.
- A warning in a train compartment – “To stop train, pull chain. Penalty for improper use Rs. 500.”