Directions : In each of the following questions a statement is given, followed by two conclusions. Give answer :
Statement : The concession in rail fares for the journey to hill stations has been cancelled because it is not needed for people who can spend their holidays there.
I. Railways should give concession only to needy persons.
II. Railways should not encourage people to spend their holidays at hill stations.
A. Only assumption I is implicit
B. Only assumption II is implicit
C. Either I or II is implicit
D. Neither I nor II is implicit
E. Both I and II are implicit
Answer & Solution
The statement mentions that concessions should not be given to people who can afford to spend holidays in hill stations. This means they should be given only to needy persons. So, I is implicit. But, II does not follow from the statement and is not implicit.
- “You are hereby appointed as a programmer with a probation period of one year and your performance will be reviewed at the end of the period for confirmation.” – A line in an appointment letter.
- It is desirable to put the child in school at the age of 5 or so.
- “In order to bring punctuality in our office, we must provide conveyance allowance to our employees.” – In charge of a company tells Personnel Manager.
- Unemployment allowance should be given to all unemployed Indian youth above 18 years of age.
- “If you trouble me, I will slap you.” – A mother warns her child.
- The State government has decided to appoint four thousand primary school teachers during the next financial year.
- A warning in a train compartment – “To stop train, pull chain. Penalty for improper use Rs. 500.”