Directions : In each of the following questions a statement is given, followed by two conclusions. Give answer :
Statement : You know that your suit is excellent when people ask about your tailor who tailored the suit.
I. People do not ask about your tailor if your suit is not good.
II. The people want to know the criterion of an excellent suit.
A. Only assumption I is implicit
B. Only assumption II is implicit
C. Either I or II is implicit
D. Neither I nor II is implicit
E. Both I and II are implicit
Answer & Solution
The statement mentions that if the people ask about the tailor, your suit is good. This means that people ask only in the situation when the thing is good. So, I is implicit. The criteria of an excellent suit is not mentioned. So, II is not implicit.
- “You are hereby appointed as a programmer with a probation period of one year and your performance will be reviewed at the end of the period for confirmation.” – A line in an appointment letter.
- It is desirable to put the child in school at the age of 5 or so.
- “In order to bring punctuality in our office, we must provide conveyance allowance to our employees.” – In charge of a company tells Personnel Manager.
- Unemployment allowance should be given to all unemployed Indian youth above 18 years of age.
- “If you trouble me, I will slap you.” – A mother warns her child.
- The State government has decided to appoint four thousand primary school teachers during the next financial year.
- A warning in a train compartment – “To stop train, pull chain. Penalty for improper use Rs. 500.”