Directions : In each of the following questions a statement is given, followed by two conclusions. Give answer :
Statement : “You should not grant him leave in this week due to exigency of work.” – A supervisor advises the administrative officer.
I. Request for leave can be turned down also.
II. The supervisor has reviewed the work required to be done during the said period.
A. Only assumption I is implicit
B. Only assumption II is implicit
C.Either I or II is implicit
D. Neither I nor II is implicit
E. Both I and II are implicit
Answer & Solution
The advice is given to turn down the request for leave. So, I is implicit. The mention of the ‘exigency of work’ makes II implicit.
- “You are hereby appointed as a programmer with a probation period of one year and your performance will be reviewed at the end of the period for confirmation.” – A line in an appointment letter.
- It is desirable to put the child in school at the age of 5 or so.
- “In order to bring punctuality in our office, we must provide conveyance allowance to our employees.” – In charge of a company tells Personnel Manager.
- Unemployment allowance should be given to all unemployed Indian youth above 18 years of age.
- “If you trouble me, I will slap you.” – A mother warns her child.
- The State government has decided to appoint four thousand primary school teachers during the next financial year.
- A warning in a train compartment – “To stop train, pull chain. Penalty for improper use Rs. 500.”