Prehistoric India MCQs
Multiple Choice Questions and Answers with explanation on Prehistoric India for SSC, PCS, UPSC, IAS,NEET, CBSE /UGC NET, Class IX, X, XI and XII Students. You Can read our story notes on prehistoric India.
- Which one of the following sites has yielded the cultural remains from Neolithic to Harappan period?
Correct Answer: [B] Mehrgarh
- Earliest evidence of rice cultivation in the Ganga valley has been found at
Correct Answer: [A] Lahuradewa
- Which rock – shelter in India bears largest number of paintings?
Correct Answer: [B] Bhimbetka
- The earliest inscription on stone was in which language?
Correct Answer: [C] Prakrit
- The three age system – Stone. Bronze and Iron from the collection of Copenhagen museum was coined by
Correct Answer: [A] Thomson
- Which of the following statements is incorrect regarding pre-historic art?
[A] Palaeolithic and Mesolithic people practised painting.
[B] Pre-historic art appears at several places, but Bhimbetka is the most striking site with 500 painted rock shelters.
[C] Many birds, animals and human beings are painted.
[D] The paintings depict the religious beliefs of the people.
Correct Answer: [D] The paintings depict the religious beliefs of the people.
- Which was the first metal used by man?
Correct Answer: [A] Copper
- With which of the following periods do we associate the ‘microlith’ implements?
Correct Answer: [B] Mesolithic
- With Which period do we associate the ‘megaliths’?
Correct Answer: [A] Neolithic
- When the first metal tool came into being it used for?
[C] clearing jungles
[D] making wheels
Correct Answer: [C] clearing jungles