History Of Modern Indian MCQs
History Of Modern Indian MCQs History – Online MCQs – Following MCQs provides Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) related to Modern Indian History. You will have to read all the
131. Who was the supreme body in the Britain at the time of commencement of the Government of India Act- 1858?
(a) Queen Victoria
(b) The British Parliament
(c) Government of Britan
(d) None of these
132. After the commencement of the government of India Act-1858, what name was to British Governor-General of India?
(a) Governor-General of India.
(b) Governor of the state
(c) Viceroy of the state
(d) None of these
133. Who was the monarch of Britain at the time of commencement of the Government of India Act, 1858?
(a) William IV
(c) Edward VII
(d) George V
134. When was The Government of India Act 1858 passed by the Parliament of the United Kingdom?
(a)August 2, 1858
(c) January, 1858
(d) December, 1857
135. As per government of India Act-1858, how many members were appointed to assist the Secretary of State for India?
136.Who started the Indian Reforms Association?
(a) Narayan Guru
(b) Swami Vivekananda
(c) Krishna swami Aiyar
(d) Keshav Chandra Sen
137. Who said that “My ultimate aim is to wipe every tear from every eye”?
(b) Mahatma Gandhi
(c) Jawahar Lal Nehru
(d) Daya Nand Saraswati
138. Which of the following is Not matched correctly?
(a) Parrot of India: Amir Khusro
(b) Scourge of God: Chengiz khan
(c) Strong man of India: Sardar Patel
(d) Father of Indian Unrest: Abdul Gaffar Khan
139. Which of the following is not matched correctly?
(a) Abolition of sati: Lord William Bentick
(b) Abolition of slavery: Lord Ellenborough
(c) First railway line in India: Lord Canning
(d) Swadeshi movement: Lord Minto II
140. Which of the following is not matched correctly?
(a) Butler commission: 1927
(b) Nehru report: 1928
(c) 14 points of Jinnah: 1929
(d) Gandhi- Irvin pact: 1930