History Of Modern Indian MCQs
History Of Modern Indian MCQs History – Online MCQs – Following MCQs provides Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) related to Modern Indian History. You will have to read all the
51. Match List-I (Organisation) with List-II (Founder) and select the correct answer using the codes given below the lists:
a. Tattvabodhini Sabha 1. Devendranath Tagore
b. Prarthana Samaj 2. Atmaram Pandurang
c. Arya Samaj 3.Swami Dayananda Saraswati
d. Central Hindu School at Benaras 4.Annie Besant
a b c d
A 4 1 3 2
B 1 2 3 4
C 3 1 4 2
D 2 3 1 4
52. Champaran and Kheda Satyagrahas were led by
A. Jawaharlal Nehru
B. M. K. Gandhi
C. Sardar Patel
D.G. B. Pant
53. Match List-I with List-II and select the correct answer using the codes given below the lists:
a.Swaraj Party 1. Sri Aurobindo Ghosh
b.Ghadar Party 2. C. R. Das
c.Anushilan Samiti 3. V.D. Savarkar
d.Abhinav Bharat Society 4. Lala Hardayal
a b c d
A 2 4 1 3
B 4 3 2 1
C 3 2 1 4
D 1 3 4 2
54. Which of the following statements is correct about Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru?
A. Nehru did not believe in the doctrine of non-violence.
B. Nehru was not in favour of socialism.
C. Nehru had his higher education in India only.
D. Nehru stressed the importance of national planning.
55. Which of the following books were not written by Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru?
I. Discovery of India
II. Outline of History
III. Glimpses of World History
IV. A Study of History
Select the correct answer using the codes given below:
A. I & IV
B. II & IV
C. I & III
D. I, II, III & IV
56. Who among the following reformer associated with the passing of the Widow Remarriage Act?
A. Swami Vivekananda
B. Raja Rammohan Roy
C. Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar
D. Ramakrishna Paramahansa
57. Which one among the following pairs of battle is correctly matched?
A. The 2nd battle of Tarain : Defeat of Jaichand of Kannauj by Muhammad Ghori
B. The first battle of Panipat : Defeat of Sikander Lodi by Babur
C. The battle of Chausa : Defeat of Humayun by SherShah
D. The battle of Khanwa : Defeat of Rana Pratap by Akbar
58. Which of the following is the Journal published in Britain by the Committee of the Indian National Congress?
A. Calcutta Gazette
C. Bengal Tribune
D. Calcutta Tribune
59. What was the motive of Lord Wellesley to introduced the system of Subsidiary Alliance?
A. Improve the administration of the Indian States
B. Prevent disloyalty towards the British
C. Tone up the British Indian administration
D. Prevent the French influence in the Indian States
60. Which of the following reformer was associated with Prarthana Samaj?
A. M. G. Ranade
C. Atmaram Pandurang