Why can’t I add someone on Snapchat fast add? Why does a Snapchat name display when I search them but doesn’t allow me to add them? and other issues such as Snapchat won’t let me add someone although I’m not banned have been resolved. How to Fix Snapchat’s Add Friend Not Working Issue –
One of the well-known instant messaging apps for sharing pictures and videos with pals is called Snapchat. Users may also invite new friends to the network. Users are currently having trouble adding friends. A few users have also mentioned that they are unable to utilise Add Friend.
You just need to read the post through to the finish if you are one of those Snapchat users experiencing the Add Friend Not Working problem since we have provided the necessary measures.
Why Can’t You Add Someone On Snapchat?
You can add people on Snapchat because either they have banned you or there is a glitch in the system that prevents you from adding pals.
Being banned is the main cause of not being able to add someone on Snapchat.
If you are certain that you have not been banned, there is a chance that you are experiencing system difficulties like Snapchat server outages or other glitches.
How To Fix “Can’t Add Someone On Snapchat”?
Check if Snapchat is down
First of all, check whether Snapchat is down or not. Some users have reported that they have got the not working problem when the Snapchat servers are down.
There are a couple of websites to check if Snapchat is down. You can easily check the status of the servers from websites like DownDetector. Here’s how you can check if it’s down or not.
- Open a browser on your device and visit an outage detector website like Downdetector or IsTheServiceDown.
- Once opened, search for Snapchat and hit enter.
- Wait for some time until it fetches the details.
- Now, you need to check the spike of the graph. A huge spike on the graph means a lot of users are experiencing an error on the platform and it’s most likely that it’s down.
- If the servers are down, you just need to wait for some time as it can take a few hours for the company to resolve the issue.
Clear Cache Data
The first way to fix the problem is to clear the cache data of Snapchat and then restart your device. Clearing the cache of an app fixes most of the problems a user faced. Here’s how you can clear the cache on an Android device.
- Open the Settings app on an Android phone.
- Go to the Apps and then Manage Apps and it will open a list of all apps you have installed on your device.
- Here, click on Snapchat to open the App Info of it.
- Alternatively, you can also open the App Info from the home screen. To do so, tap and hold on to the Snapchat app icon and click on the information or ‘i’ icon.
- On the App Info page, click on Clear Data (on some devices, you will see Manage Storage or Storage Usage instead of Clear Data, tap on it), and then click on the Clear Cache to clear the cache of Snapchat.
However, iOS devices don’t have an option to clear the cache data. Instead, they have an Offload App feature that clears all the cached data and reinstalls the app. Here’s how you can Offload Snapchat on your iPhone device.
- Open the Settings App on your iOS device.
- Go to General >> iPhone Storage and select Snapchat.
- Here, click on the Offload app option.
- Confirm it by tapping on it again.
- Finally, tap on the Reinstall app.
Reinstall Snapchat App
If the listed methods do not work for you, you need to try uninstalling and reinstalling the Snapchat app on your device. Uninstalling an app fixes most of the issues a user faced, hence you need to uninstall it. Here’s how you can reinstall it on your device.
- Tap and hold the Snapchat app icon.
- Click on the Remove App or Uninstall button.
- Confirm the uninstallation by tapping on Remove or Uninstall.
- Once removed, open Google Play Store or App Store on your phone.
- Search for Snapchat and hit enter.
- Click on the Download button to install the Snapchat on your Android or iOS device.
- Once downloaded, log in to your Snapchat account and your issue should be fixed.
Contact Snapchat Customer Support
When none of the fixes for can’t add someone on Snapchat is working, then you must contact Snapchat Customer support.
This will allow them to help you if there is some specific problem with your account.
Further, the solution given by Snapchat customer support will give surety of fixing the problem.
What Do You Do If You Can’t Add Someone On Snapchat?
You must first confirm that the individual hasn’t banned you if you can’t add them on Snapchat.
To find out whether they have blocked you or not, get in touch with them. If they haven’t barred you, there’s a potential that a system fault, such as recent system changes or glitches, server problems, etc. You need to attempt the remedies listed above to address these system issues.
Read Other Information About The SnapChat
- 10 Ways To Fix: Oops Something Went Wrong Please Try Again Later Snapchat
- How to fix: Snapchat Keeps Crashing On Your Phone
- How to Fix: Snapchat keeps Logging Me Out
- 10 Ways To Fix Snapchat App Not Working
- Can You See Who Rewatches Your Snapchat Story?
- Snapchat: Will I know if someone has taken a screenshot of my story?
- What should I do if someone’s stalking you on Snapchat?