161. It is Cunningham’s belief that, despite the popular myth to the contrary, people generally
- Prefer stability.
- Love change.
- Dislike change.
- Like being controlled.
162. Harrison and Handy describe a project oriented organization which is structured like a matrix and based on expert power as a ______________ culture.
163. According to Patching, ______________ is organization development.
- Strategic thinking.
- Business strategy.
- Participative management.
- Management development.
164. The pervasive nature of culture means that it will significantly affect:
- group behavior.
- motivation and job satisfaction.
- all three of these.
165. There are many aspects to management in work organizations, but the one essential ingredient of any successful manager is:
- the ability to adapt to technological change.
- the ability to deal with people effectively.
- the ability to make calculated decisions.
- the ability to implement the policies of the organization.
Correct answer: (D) the ability to implement the policies of the organization.Also Read :-
166. Emotions which can cause a negative attitude and resistance to change include:
- Both of these.
- Neither of these.
167. A number of approaches may be used to bring about effective change within an organisation, often called intervention strategies, these include:
- grid training.
- team building.
- all of the above.
168. Resistance to change can be caused by:
- Selective perception.
- All three of the above.
169. According to Deal and Kennedy, an organization of individualists who take high risks and receive quick feedback, and where internal competition and conflict are normal, the type of culture can be described as:
- bet-your-company culture.
- work-hard/play-hard culture.
- process culture.
- tough-guy, macho culture.
170. Organizational climate is based on the ______________ of members towards the organization.
- none of the above.