Advertising and Sales Promotion MCQ
121. ______________ is direct communications with carefully targeted individual consumers to obtain an immediate response.
- Personal selling
- Public relations
- Direct marketing
- Sales promotion
122. Two major factors are changing the face of today’s communications. One of these factors is the fact that:
- costs of promotion are rising.
- mass markets are fragmented and marketers are shifting away from mass marketing.
- global communications are not growing rapidly enough.
- marcom managers have achieved more power and control.
123. IMC, as presented in the text and in context with promotion, stands for:
- international manufacturing capacity.
- international monetary consistency.
- integrated marketing communications.
- integrated marketing corporations.
124. The concept of ______________ suggests that the company must blend the promotion tools carefully into a coordinated promotion mix.
- public relations
- integrated market planning
- integrated marketing communications
- global cultural imperatives
125. Which of the following promotional tools can reach many prospects who otherwise avoid salespeople and is received as news rather than as a sales-directed communication?
- personal selling
- public relations
- sales promotion
126. A ______________ is a promotion strategy that calls for spending a lot on advertising and consumer promotion to build up consumer demand If the strategy is successful, consumer demand will move the product through the channel.
- Push strategy
- Pull strategy
- Blocking strategy
- Integrated strategy
127. Which of the following WOULD NOT be one of the primary advertising objectives as classified by primary purpose?
- To inform
- To persuade
- To remind
- To make profits
128. One of the arguments that supports the competitive-parity method for budgeting promotions is that:
- It is the fairest budget method.
- It is generally the cheapest method of allocating funds.
- Competitor’s budgets represent the collective wisdom of the industry.
- It is the easiest budget method to use on a global basis.
129. Advertising appeals should have three characteristics. All of the following are among those characteristics EXCEPT:
- Be meaningful.
- Be tasteful.
- Be believable.
- Be distinctive.
130. The first thing a reader notices in a printed advertising is the:
Correct answer: (B)