Advertising and Sales Promotion MCQ
181. No matter which form of direct marketing might be used by a promotional manager, all of the forms have several characteristics in common. Which of the following WOULD NOT be among those characteristics?
- producer controlled
182. Some of the earliest traces of what could be called advertising were found in:
- Colonial new york.
- 16th century england.
- 2nd century china.
- Ancient rome.
183. Keeping consumers thinking about the product is the objective for which type of advertising?
- Informative advertising.
- Psychological advertising.
- Reminder advertising.
- Persuasive advertising.
184. The first step in using the objective-and-task promotional budgeting method is to:
- Define specific advertising tools that can be afforded.
- Analyze competitive budgets for perceived weaknesses.
- Calculate last year’s sales percentages.
- Define specific objectives.
185. In terms of execution styles, a family seated at the dinner table enjoying the advertised product would be an example of which of the following types of advertising?
- Slice of life
- Mood or imagery
- Personality symbol
186. The measure of how many times the average person in the target market is exposed to the message is called:
187. To be effective, ads should have some form of pattern (given that more than one ad is going to be used). If an advertiser were to schedule ads evenly over a given period of time, this pattern would be called:
188. Which type of sales promotion uses free samples, coupons, and rebates?
- Consumer promotion
- Trade promotion
- Sales force promotion
- Place promotion
189. Manufacturers direct most of their sales promotional dollars toward which of the following groups?
- retailers and wholesalers
- publics such as shareholders
190. All of the following would be considered to be functions performed in public relations EXCEPT:
- Press relations.
- Public affairs.
- Bribery (when necessary).