Advertising and Sales Promotion MCQ
31. Selecting target markets means using criteria such as cost of reach the segment and ______________:
- Size and expected growth
- Marketing investment
- Density of population
- Values of customers.
32. When a company retains the product but reduces marketing support costs it is in what stage of the PLC
33. Using Price as a measure of the quality of a product and setting price high is:
- Prestige pricing
- Pricing Lining
- Pricing odd-even
- Target pricing
34. The main reasons a firm segments its markets are:
- To refine sales forecasts and allow for more product differentiation.
- To create more word-of-mouth in a market.
- To focus advertising and monitor sales
- To respond to different needs and wants in market and increases sales and profits
35. During the introduction stage of the PLC, sales gradually increase and
- Competition becomes tough
- Profits are minimal if not negative.
- More investors needed
- The promotion is finished.
36. Selling brand-name products at lower than regular price is:
- Guaranteed to cause a loss not a wise business decision.
- Off-price retailing
37. One of the following is NOT a criteria when forming segments:
- Potential for higher profits and ROI.
- Similarity of needs
- Difference in needs of buyers among segments
- Fewer customer complaints.
38. The marketing objective for the maturity stage of PLC is to
- Maintain brand loyalty
- Stress differentiation
- Gain awareness
39. Any paid form of non personal communication about an organization, good, service or idea by an identified sponsor is called:
- Public relation.
40. Risk taking, transporting and grading. Professional managed and centrally coordinated marketing channels designed to achieve channel economies and maximum marketing impact are called:
- Vertical marketing systems
- Horizontal marketing systems
- Centrally coordinated systems
- Professional coordinated marketing systems.