Advertising and Sales Promotion MCQ
11. By definition, _______________ simply means that consumers come in contact with the marketer’s message.
12. Which one of the following is the greatest obstacle to implementing integrated marketing communications?
- Few providers of marketing communications services have the skills to execute IMC programs.
- There is a lack of interest in IMC by top management.
- The cost for implementing an IMC program is difficult to justify.
- Little can be gained by coordinating the various marketing communications elements.
- Marketing directors are essentially performing the IMC function now.
13. According to the HEM, consumer behavior is seen as _______________________
- highly cognitive
14. The first step of the objective-and-task method is ____________________
- assessing the communications functions
- establishing specific marketing objectives that need to be accomplished
- determining advertising’s role in the total communication mix
- establishing specific advertising goals in terms of the levels of measurable communication response required to achieve marketing objectives
- establish the budget based on estimates of expenditures required to accomplish the advertising goals
15. Which value is derived from the need for variety and achieving an exciting life?
16. A good copy-testing system needs to provide measurements that are _______________________
- relevant to the advertising objectives
- relevant to the advertising budget
- relevant to the advertising media
- relevant to the advertising script
- None of the above
17. The concept of effective reach states that fewer exposures to advertisements are required _________________________
- when humor is used
- when comparative advertising is used
- for brands with higher market shares and greater customer loyalty
- for expensive products
- for necessities
18. Laddering is a marketing research technique that has been developed to identify links between ___________________________
- attributes, consumers, and values
- attitudes, consumers, and values
- attributes, consequences, and variables
- attributes, consequences, and values
- attitudes, consequences, and values
19. Which of the following is NOT a problem with television advertising?
- escalating advertising costs
- erosion of television viewing audiences
- substantial audience fractionalization
- inability to achieve impact
20. The premise underlying geodemographic targeting is that people who _____________________ also share demographic and lifestyle similarities.
- are in the same income category
- reside in similar areas
- are of the same age
- are of the same gender
- are of the same ethnic group